Thank Christ Ministries

Thank Christ Ministries was formed as a reminder to always be thankful for God's grace, mercy, and greatness! Help spread the word about our blog, and thank Christ you're here! If you ever have any questions that you would like answered, feel free to EMAIL US at info@thankchrist.com

Name:
Location: Irvine, California

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Word

“In the Beginning was the Word” (Jn 1:1)... "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His Glory" (Jn 1:14.

There is much to be said about the importance of the Word. “He sent His Word to them and healed them from their destruction” (Ps 107:20). “Heaven and earth shall pass away but not one letter shall pass away” (Mt 24:35). “Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by reading the word of God” (Rm 10:17 ). And yet most Christians are not well versed with the Word. I believe that is why God said: “My people perish for lack of knowledge.” Is this why in most churches, nowadays, we never hear of a dead man called back to life, or a dying man rescued, or a totally blind man having his vision restored? I believe that's exactly why no signs or wonders are taking place. It is sad but nowadays the strength of any church is measured by the attendance and the amount of income, and not by the spiritual conviction or by the depth in the knowledge of the Word. As long as I am able to preach and teach, I will remember to give the Word a priority to what I have to say; teach it as much as possible, for it is all that we as Christians need.Study the Word to show thyself approved unto God…! Thank you Christ for your Word, for it is “living and powerful and sharper than two edged sword”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home