Anointing (what is that?)
I haven’t met anyone who’s driven as many miles as I have in the last thirty-five years. The last time my sons and I tried to calculate the miles we have put on our cars, it was close to two million miles. I shudder at the number. But before you begin to feel sorry for me, I want you to know that I used the majority of the driving time to finish up my undergraduate work, and learn several professions, PLUS two languages! I always kept my eye on the road, of course! The cassette tapes came in handy, so thank the Lord for them. But my sadness emanates from all the hours of listening to the media evangelist and pastors. Some are probably the most eloquent, and I am not going to name names, you might know who they are. But I tell you the anointing of the Holy Spirit is not anywhere near the message or the messenger. If the listeners knew what anointing meant, these speakers would not be on the radio anymore.
Preaching the Gospel is not just a speech, or an eloquent presentation, it is supposed to be a message from God to the listeners. Now the audience can be composed of three generations, and the Holy Sprit will bless, inspire, and enlighten all three. O what a waste of airtime I hear everyday, and I have heard in the last three decades just about everyone! I must admit that Billy Graham and his “Hour of Decision” probably topped them all with biblical truths and Holy Spirit anointing.
Most Christians do not know what anointing means or why it is necessary. Simply put, when the preacher or the message is anointed, they meet God’s approval. When God sent Samuel to the house of Jesse in Bethlehem to anoint the boy David to be a king, it meant that God chose this person and approved of him to replace Saul. Whether is it Samuel using the oil, or another godly man, the oil symbolize the Holy Spirit. Anointing is to wipe, to make cleaner, to polish, or even rub, smoothen, or approve of that message. Unfortunately much of what is aired today needs God’s polishing or anointing.
Next time you hear a preacher on radio or at the pulpit, first pray for a discerning spirit and then you will be able to tell what kind of message is being delivered. The only one I recommend you hear is the anointed! God bless you and I do thank Christ for all the anointed preachers and Bible teachers…!
Preaching the Gospel is not just a speech, or an eloquent presentation, it is supposed to be a message from God to the listeners. Now the audience can be composed of three generations, and the Holy Sprit will bless, inspire, and enlighten all three. O what a waste of airtime I hear everyday, and I have heard in the last three decades just about everyone! I must admit that Billy Graham and his “Hour of Decision” probably topped them all with biblical truths and Holy Spirit anointing.
Most Christians do not know what anointing means or why it is necessary. Simply put, when the preacher or the message is anointed, they meet God’s approval. When God sent Samuel to the house of Jesse in Bethlehem to anoint the boy David to be a king, it meant that God chose this person and approved of him to replace Saul. Whether is it Samuel using the oil, or another godly man, the oil symbolize the Holy Spirit. Anointing is to wipe, to make cleaner, to polish, or even rub, smoothen, or approve of that message. Unfortunately much of what is aired today needs God’s polishing or anointing.
Next time you hear a preacher on radio or at the pulpit, first pray for a discerning spirit and then you will be able to tell what kind of message is being delivered. The only one I recommend you hear is the anointed! God bless you and I do thank Christ for all the anointed preachers and Bible teachers…!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home