Thank Christ Ministries

Thank Christ Ministries was formed as a reminder to always be thankful for God's grace, mercy, and greatness! Help spread the word about our blog, and thank Christ you're here! If you ever have any questions that you would like answered, feel free to EMAIL US at info@thankchrist.com

Name:
Location: Irvine, California

Saturday, April 15, 2006

He Is Risen, He Is Not Here!

The seven words uttered by the angel at tomb of Jesus have to be some of the most important words ever spoken; “He is not here he is risen.” The Bible speaks of death as the last enemy of man. Death is the symbol of defeat; the end of everything that God had planned for man. It is the act of separation between us and God, and between us and our loved ones. Death is really a horrific event no matter how you look at it. But with Easter Sunday, and the words of the Angel of God, this horror has come to an end. Death is no longer strong, and the grave has no victory. Prior to Jesus’ resurrection, there was no reason for man to hope. No one could say that this enemy will be defeated, or that the sting of death is coming to an end. But now every believer, young and old, can speak with assurance, authority, and plenty of hope that we shall all have our own Easter. Thanks be to Christ for His work on this earth, His suffering on the cross, and His resurrection that gave us the victory.

If I say nothing more, this message is enough to cause joy in our Christian life. The number of believers that forget the honor bestowed upon them to be called the children of God is unreal. What a privilege it is that born again men and women walk with the Lord. When I was young I would find every excuse to go into town with my father. To this day I remember the honorable feeling I had walking with my earthly father in the town center, but it is nothing compared to the everlasting happiness I have walking with the Lord. I say this, even though my father was very well known, respected in the community, and people would greet him from every direction.

Knowing and loving Jesus has to be the ultimate accomplishment in man’s life. People often wonder what it would be like to win the lottery, and the good feelings they associate with wealth, yet we know that all the riches in the world are temporary. After Aristotle Onasis died (the Greek tycoon who married Jackie Kennedy), I remember reading some accounts about his life and his death. What an interesting person he was. He had everything money can buy. When the news came to him about the tragic death of his son, he was quoted saying that he wished he lost all of his wealth and had his son. On his death bed he was quoted saying that he would give all his wealth just to extend his life for one more month. After Ted Turner wrote a check for one billion dollars to the poor children of the world, I saw his interview on CNN. I remember him saying that if he lost all of his money, he could build it again, but the constant pain he had in his body could not be erased with money. I wish he would read my post on taking God’s Word at face value, and read the account of the resurrection of Jesus daily. It works! I was privileged to know Roy and Dale Rogers very well for a long time, until they went to heaven. They were rich and famous, but their happiness came from their love for Jesus. They told me this themselves. In future posts I will write what I knew and saw to their Christian life.

What a difference it makes to know that Jesus was raised from the grave, and that He Lives today. By the way, one of the many church hymns I miss is entitled “He Lives.” The first says “I serve a risen savior He’s in the world today, I know that He is living whatever men may say, I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him, He is always near…He lives within my heart. Happy Easter to all of you. The Lord is Risen; Risen Indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home