The Holy Bible!
I want to give a brief summary about the book I refer to every single day of my life. As you read my daily posts, you will understand the fact that I love and believe in the Scripture, as it is conveyed in the sixty-six books of the Bible. The label one may give me is a fundamentalist and evangelical, which is fine with me. I do know myself to be a firm believer in The Lord Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior.
My understanding of the Scripture is original, although I have read and do read other books by good Christian thinkers, such as Dr. Elton Trueblood, Dr. C. S. Lewis and others. Their writings are very helpful and supportive to my understanding, but God’s Holy Spirit is important to me and to my understanding of His Word. I fully believe that He had inspired the thirty-nine writers to pen down the messages of the Bible.
The Old Testament is composed of thirty-nine books, and the New Testament is composed of twenty-seven books. The Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed and the New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed. The Lord Jesus, God the Son, is the prime figure in every single one of the books, although He is described and named differently. For example, in Genesis we see Him as the creator, in Exodus as the deliverer, in Leviticus as the high priest, in Proverbs Jesus is the wisdom that we need, in Matthew He is the Messiah, in the Gospel of John He is the Savior, and in the book of Revelations He is the Lamb of God, the bridegroom of the Church, and the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I cannot help it, but when I read the Word I see Jesus and His special personality!
In future posts I will devote some time to summaries of these books of the Bible individually, so that you can learn and be able to speak about biblical topics, personalities and books. I believe God wants each one of us to learn all that He has in His Word. Just remember that it was written for a good reason; “All scripture is inspired by God (The Holy Spirit) and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work” (2 Tim 3:16,16).
Of all the important educational books I studied in the post secondary schools I attended, The Bible is the only book I still study everyday. That is how important it is to me. Remember to thank Christ today for everything; He alone is worthy of our thanks (Rev 7:12).
My understanding of the Scripture is original, although I have read and do read other books by good Christian thinkers, such as Dr. Elton Trueblood, Dr. C. S. Lewis and others. Their writings are very helpful and supportive to my understanding, but God’s Holy Spirit is important to me and to my understanding of His Word. I fully believe that He had inspired the thirty-nine writers to pen down the messages of the Bible.
The Old Testament is composed of thirty-nine books, and the New Testament is composed of twenty-seven books. The Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed and the New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed. The Lord Jesus, God the Son, is the prime figure in every single one of the books, although He is described and named differently. For example, in Genesis we see Him as the creator, in Exodus as the deliverer, in Leviticus as the high priest, in Proverbs Jesus is the wisdom that we need, in Matthew He is the Messiah, in the Gospel of John He is the Savior, and in the book of Revelations He is the Lamb of God, the bridegroom of the Church, and the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I cannot help it, but when I read the Word I see Jesus and His special personality!
In future posts I will devote some time to summaries of these books of the Bible individually, so that you can learn and be able to speak about biblical topics, personalities and books. I believe God wants each one of us to learn all that He has in His Word. Just remember that it was written for a good reason; “All scripture is inspired by God (The Holy Spirit) and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work” (2 Tim 3:16,16).
Of all the important educational books I studied in the post secondary schools I attended, The Bible is the only book I still study everyday. That is how important it is to me. Remember to thank Christ today for everything; He alone is worthy of our thanks (Rev 7:12).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home