Philippians, what a Blessing!
The Bible says: “faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by reading the Word of God” (Romans 10:17). In my Christian walk and experience there is no substitute. The Bible says it, I believe it, and that settles it. I have read the letter from Paul to the church at Philippi this weekend and I could not help but think how many of God’s people miss when they neglect their Bible reading. No wonder there is very little faith in the world today and it is shrinking more and more with every passing day. In fact the Scriptures predicted that when the Son of Man returns, will He find faith upon the earth; the question is rhetorical, it does not require an answer.
Here is a summary of what you find in the precious letter from the Apostle Paul to the Philippians. The first thing that caught my eye is the promise that Jesus does not neglect or abandon His followers. It says, “He who began in you a good work will bring it to completion at the day of Christ” (Ch.1:6). The more I think about this promise the more my heart rejoices. When things are tough in life this reminder comes in handy, especially when Jesus Himself said He will never leave or forsake us, He will be with us always (Matthew 28:20). You see the dominant theme of this Book is the word Joy; what a joy it is to read!
Paul says in verse 14 that his hard times served for a good purpose, most believers are more daring to speak the word of God without fear. As I look around I see fear everywhere, Pastors are timid about speaking the truth, or afraid to demonstrate when social and government decisions are made contrary to Biblical standards. I taught at a School for ministers and I saw it first hand, how politics are used more in the church than outside. We all know many of those issues, such as sexual promiscuity. The other example is removing everything that is good and Godly which reminds us of our creator from our midst. It is time to stand up and be counted without fear for Jesus; the list is endless but you know them.
This should help all of us to understand what is going on in the church in the name of Christ. Men and women are in the church leadership today for various reasons, except the right reason. Jobs, salaries, and retirement benefits, I am certain, top the list. The desire for positions of power and authority probably falls in second place. When you have met a humble pastor, please call me because I want to venerate him. I want to meet a minister who is really in charge of one thing; the spiritual life of the flock. The Apostle Paul says, what is important is that Christ is preached (Verse 18).
I have to continue my summary of this fabulous book in future posts. There is no way I can do justice by one presentation to the book. The last thing I will mention here is the help of the Holy Spirit. I have been presenting the Holy Spirit in His proper person and will continue to do so in up-coming posts. The Apostle is so cognoscente and sensitive to God the Holy Spirit. In verse 19 he mentions the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. God’s Holy Spirit is also Christ’s Holy Spirit, and that He helps us like any person would. It is wonderful to read the Word of God. I thank Christ for His Holy Word. Amen
Here is a summary of what you find in the precious letter from the Apostle Paul to the Philippians. The first thing that caught my eye is the promise that Jesus does not neglect or abandon His followers. It says, “He who began in you a good work will bring it to completion at the day of Christ” (Ch.1:6). The more I think about this promise the more my heart rejoices. When things are tough in life this reminder comes in handy, especially when Jesus Himself said He will never leave or forsake us, He will be with us always (Matthew 28:20). You see the dominant theme of this Book is the word Joy; what a joy it is to read!
Paul says in verse 14 that his hard times served for a good purpose, most believers are more daring to speak the word of God without fear. As I look around I see fear everywhere, Pastors are timid about speaking the truth, or afraid to demonstrate when social and government decisions are made contrary to Biblical standards. I taught at a School for ministers and I saw it first hand, how politics are used more in the church than outside. We all know many of those issues, such as sexual promiscuity. The other example is removing everything that is good and Godly which reminds us of our creator from our midst. It is time to stand up and be counted without fear for Jesus; the list is endless but you know them.
This should help all of us to understand what is going on in the church in the name of Christ. Men and women are in the church leadership today for various reasons, except the right reason. Jobs, salaries, and retirement benefits, I am certain, top the list. The desire for positions of power and authority probably falls in second place. When you have met a humble pastor, please call me because I want to venerate him. I want to meet a minister who is really in charge of one thing; the spiritual life of the flock. The Apostle Paul says, what is important is that Christ is preached (Verse 18).
I have to continue my summary of this fabulous book in future posts. There is no way I can do justice by one presentation to the book. The last thing I will mention here is the help of the Holy Spirit. I have been presenting the Holy Spirit in His proper person and will continue to do so in up-coming posts. The Apostle is so cognoscente and sensitive to God the Holy Spirit. In verse 19 he mentions the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. God’s Holy Spirit is also Christ’s Holy Spirit, and that He helps us like any person would. It is wonderful to read the Word of God. I thank Christ for His Holy Word. Amen

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home