Thank Christ Ministries

Thank Christ Ministries was formed as a reminder to always be thankful for God's grace, mercy, and greatness! Help spread the word about our blog, and thank Christ you're here! If you ever have any questions that you would like answered, feel free to EMAIL US at info@thankchrist.com

Name:
Location: Irvine, California

Thursday, March 16, 2006

You Must be Born Again!

I’ve never pointed my finger at anyone and said “YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN,” but I think I should! Don’t you wonder how Jesus said these words to Nicodemus in John’s gospel, chapter three? I wonder, because these words are so important and salvation depends on the response of the listener. One might say Jesus was gentle and compassionate, and I believe He was. But when it came to eternity, heaven and hell, or abuse of God’s house, He was firm and serious.

I have heard evangelists, and even preachers, pound on conversion endlessly, and attempt to scare people into salvation. My take is to tell others about the Love of Jesus, His saving grace, and the need and meaning of the second birth. Then I’ll ask if they have accepted Christ as their Savior. If the answer is no, I’ll ask them (at that moment) to pray the prayer of repentance and salvation with me. I believe that this is an acceptable way of presenting Christ rather than scaring them with the realities of hell and damnation. However, there are those who need other approaches than mine. Bye the way, I am sharing these thoughts with you so that you can be a soul winner for the Kingdom. The Bible calls the believers “Ambassadors for Christ” (2Co 5:20), and the duty of an ambassador is to reflect Christ while delivering His message. In another portion of Scripture we read: “…that you may declare the wonderful deeds of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1Pe 2:9).

Let us examine the words that Jesus said to Nicodemus: “unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (Jn 3:3b). Also, the Apostle Peter writes to the believers. He says, “You have been born again, not from a perishable seed but from an imperishable seed, through the living and abiding Word of God.” My understanding here is that the first birth is like Adams, from the earth and returned to earth. It is a natural birth like the rest of creation. But the second birth defies nature, it is not corrupt; it is eternal.

When God created Adam, He put him in paradise. Unfortunately Adam chose to disobey God and allowed his earthly nature to dictate his actions. As a result, he fell out of grace and out of paradise. God is love, mercy, and full of grace. Therefore He put in place the plan of salvation, to restore man’s falling nature, and once again make him suitable for eternity by forgiving his action and covering it with His own incarnated blood on the cross. Truthfully I am thankful that God made it possible for me, and for you, to qualify for eternity with Him. Our acceptance of His gift is simple. He did all the hard work.
So to be born again is simply to say “Lord forgive my sins, and I do accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and I want to live with You forever. Please help me from now on to live, in word and in deed, as a born again believer!”
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life” (Jn 3:16). Remember to Thank Christ for dying on the cross on our behalf, so that we may live with Him for eternity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home