Thank Christ Ministries

Thank Christ Ministries was formed as a reminder to always be thankful for God's grace, mercy, and greatness! Help spread the word about our blog, and thank Christ you're here! If you ever have any questions that you would like answered, feel free to EMAIL US at info@thankchrist.com

Name:
Location: Irvine, California

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

This is the Day….!

As I wake up every morning I remind myself that this is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in It (Ps 118:24). What a difference it makes once this fact is acknowledged; everything seems to change and carry a different meaning. The chore of waking up is not a chore anymore; the attitude of facing the day brightens up. It is no longer just another twenty-four hours, but it becomes something very special.

The Psalmist starts this hymn with these words: O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His steadfast love endures for ever. You may know that David, the Psalmist, was a musician. How often I wish I could have heard him play and sing some of these treasured Psalms:

Psalm 23: the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Psalm 91: he that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high, he shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 1: Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked

Psalm 27:1: The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?

These and many other Psalms are such an invaluable source of blessings and joy. I highly recommend that each day of your life begin with the recitation of at least one of these Psalms. This is one of the reasons why God, in His infinite wisdom, included these hymns in the Bible.

Let us look a little further into the verse of the day. God knows how life is challenging for the young and the old, for the rich or the poor, and how difficult it is sometimes for us to just go through a single day. In Matthew 6:24, the Word says “…sufficient unto the day the evil thereof.” That is because life is hard. Remember that life is composed of one day at a time. This why it is so important at the beginning of each day to remember that God has made it, and that He wants us to rejoice in it. He will see us through it…, glory to His name.

So rejoice for this is the day that God has made for you, and be glad in it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home